Arts Corps’ Race and Social Justice Learning Series, is a 3-part sequence of workshops, hosted by Youngstown Cultural Arts Center, intended to foster community conversation and shared understanding on different strands of oppression. The series kicks off Wednesday, December 3rd with a viewing and discussion of the documentary Cracking the Codes by Shakti Butler.
- Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 – Series #1: Cracking the Codes
- Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 – Series #2: Adultism
- Wednesday, May 6th, 2015 – Series #3: Gender/Sexism & Intersectionality
- $5/person for anchor tenants: Nature Consortium, Reel Grrls, SWIA teachers, Tool Library, Totem Star, TSB, 12th Night, upstairs tenants
- Free for Arts Corps/ YT staff and board