Bellydancers are supple, feminine, earthly, mysterious, playful, and strong.
That dancer is you! Come learn among friends and awaken your inner fire.
Build community and self-knowledge while honoring the inner divine feminine.
Bellydance class in West Seattle @ Youngstown Cultural Arts Center
Six week sessions, Wednesday nights
Session begins Sep 19, 2018
Drop-in students are welcome at 6pm and 7pm
6pm – 6:50pm – Toolbox
– Beginning technique
– Intro to history and music
– Building strong basic dance skills
– Basic alignment
– figure 8, circles, spirals and undulations
– Beautiful arms and hands gestures
This class focuses on solid foundation work for new dancers. As with the practice of yoga, experienced dancers can deepen their practice of bellydance by working thoughtfully into the fundamentals as your body and mind open and are prepared to learn more subtle nuances in these powerful foundational moves.
7:00pm – 7:50pm – Bellydance Workout
– Mixed level – EVERYONE IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND
– Exercise class will invigorate your body and deepen your capacity and understanding of isolations. Sweating and laughing will be on the agenda. This class is to shake everything loose, lengthen, strengthen and elongate your muscles. You will work hard and you will love it. Challenging yet accessible for all fitness levels and dancers. Promise.
8:00 – 8:50pm – Sacred Geometry
Invitation Only – Students must contact the instructor prior to enrollment
– Continuing Bellydance Class and the home of the performance collective “Sirens of Serpentine”
– Finger cymbals, veil, turn and isolation drills, cheeky combos and choreography
– Performance skills and preparation for “Sirens of Serpentine” performance(s) in June
All performances are 100% optional and open to all members of this class.
Fall: Sep 19, 26 Oct 3, 10, 17, 24
Holiday Series: Nov 7, 14, 28 (No class on Nov 21 – Thanksgiving) Dec 5, 12, 19
$100 for one series (6 classes) / Two series (12 classes) for $125! – Most Students take a technique class & workout
Three Class Series (Available only to Sirens) $175
Drop-ins $20 per class or $30 for two in the same evening
Drop-in’s welcome at 6pm and 7pm
Youngstown Cultural Arts Center
4408 Delridge Way SW
Seattle, WA, 98106
Free parking in the North lot and on Delridge Way SW, along the side of the bldg.
Be sure to tell your friends. The only thing better then taking bellydance classes is taking them with your friends!
Preregistration for all classes and special events including workshops and the Sleepover are non-refundable.